At Holy Infant and St Anthony, we recognise that a child has SEND if he or she has a learning difficulty or an ability which is significantly greater than the majority of children of the same age. We believe that all children are vulnerable to stress caused by personal circumstances and may experience behavioural or emotional disturbance at some time during their school career. Some children will show persistent patterns of disturbance over long periods, and this will be regarded as a Special Need. Children may be said to have SEND if they are not reaching their full potential due to behavioural, intellectual, physical, emotional or social reasons, or a lack of resources or provision to meet identified needs.
Pupils with SEND are subject to the same entrance requirements as all the other pupils. Outside agencies involved with the child at the time of admission are contacted for information
so that the child’s needs may be met appropriately and without delay. We are a fully inclusive school.
- The child is to be placed at the centre of all work that is undertaken.
- There is to be purposeful collaboration between families and agencies supporting the
- To create an environment which meets the special educational needs of each child in
order that they achieve their learning potential and engage in activities alongside pupils
who do not have SEND.
- To ensure support for pupils with medical conditions and ensure the fullest inclusion in
all educational activities where this is possible.
- Needs are identified early.
- Primarily, needs of all children, including those with SEND should be met through
quality first teaching.
- Parents and carers are to be actively involved in provision for children, and their ideas
and opinions are to be taken into consideration.
- All progress needs to be assessed and recorded using school systems.
- Pupils are to be involved in their own target setting and review process.
- Where appropriate, the expertise of outside agencies will be sought to meet the needs
of individual children.
- All health care plans are to be reviewed annually.
- This policy is to be updated regularly to ensure it helps to meet the needs of all pupils.
Please click below to view our SEND documents.